This Privacy Notice (“this Notice”) shall form part of our terms and conditions governing your relationship with us as set out in the security and/or legal documents or otherwise entered into between you and us (collectively “the Terms and Conditions”). This Notice shall not affect our rights of collection, use, disclosure, processing and/or transfer of your personal data pursuant to the Terms and Conditions or under the law or any statutory provisions or at common law or equity and nothing herein shall be construed as limiting any of those other rights.
In this policy:
- The “Act” means the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 as amended, revised or re-enacted from time to time;
- "Personal data" has the meaning given to it in the Act;
- Any reference to "you", "your" and words of similar import means the customers of Singapura Finance Ltd, online users and visitors to our website; and
- Any reference to "we", "us" or "our" and words of similar import means Singapura Finance Ltd and its successors or assignees.
Use of Personal Data
- Collection of Personal Data
We only collect personal data which is relevant and required for the purpose of providing you with the relevant products and services. Personal data can be collected from various sources and processed by us. Some examples of data which on its own or jointly, can be used to identify a natural person are:
- Personal particulars (e.g. name, Identification number, personal email addresses, thumbprint, contact
numbers, images and/or copy of identification documents and/or education details);
- Specimen signature(s);
- Financial details (e.g. CPF details, income, expenses and/or credit history);
- Employment details (e.g. occupation, directorships and/or other positions held, employment history,
salary, and/or benefits);
- Tax and insurance details;
- information about your risk profile, investments, investment objectives, knowledge and experience
and/or business interests and assets;
- Banking information (e.g. account numbers and banking transactions);
- Personal opinions made known to us (e.g. through feedback or surveys, about your family background);
- Information relating to your activities, habits, preferences and interests arising from your use of products
and our services; and/or
- Other electronic data or information relating to you such as IP addresses, cookies, activity logs, online
identifiers and location data through your usage of our products and services or as part of their delivery
We may use your personal data to provide you with better customer service and for legal purposes in relation to
our financial products and services including but not limited to the following:
Withdrawal of Consent
- Verifying your identity before providing you with the relevant services or responding to your application,
feedback and other queries;
- Performing credit checks and due diligence, managing your account, complying with relevant laws and
obligation from authorities;
- Contacting you and offering other products and services;
- Seeking professional advice, legal or otherwise for the purpose of providing the relevant services to you
or for enforcing obligations owed to us;
- Addressing or investigating any complaints, claims or disputes;
- Enforcing obligations owed to us;
- Any other purpose reasonably required by us in our normal course of business.
You may at any time withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by giving
reasonable notice to us. If you withdraw your aforesaid consent, we will inform you of the expected
consequences of your withdrawal, which may result in us terminating the facilities and/or any of our financial
products and services granted to you.
Handling Of Personal Data
Only authorised staff have access to your personal data. Our authorised staff are required to abide by their
contractual obligations to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data at all times.
Disclosure Of Personal Data
We do not sell your personal data to anyone or any third party for marketing initiatives.
Your personal data will not be published on our website.
We will only disclose your personal data in limited circumstances such as to the regulatory or law enforcement
agencies or in accordance with the applicable laws or to the credit bureau for the purpose of conducting credit
checks, to collect or report debts due and owing to us, to enforce and protect our rights, powers and remedies
under our security documents and other third parties for such purposes as we deem fit, whether in Singapore or
any other jurisdictions for any of the purposes set out herein.
We may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside Singapore. In doing so, we will
comply with the Act and other applicable data protection and privacy laws, and will ensure that your personal data
will be protected to a standard comparable to that under the Act, in countries that it will be transferred to.
We wish to emphasize that we do not sell personal data to any third parties.
Cookies and Related Technologies
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use an app
A pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our website but not on your computer. Pixel tags are
usually used in conjunction with cookies and are used to monitor the behavior of users visiting the website.
collect information about users and their visit to the website or use of the app. Information includes information
such as Internet protocol (IP) address, how visitors arrive at the website, whether through a search engine or a link
to your preferred settings, track use of our websites and apps and to compile statistics about activities carried out
on our websites and/or through our apps.
You have the choice to set up your web browser to block cookies which will in turn disable the pixel tags from
monitoring your website visit. You may also remove cookies stored from your computer or mobile device.
However, do note that when you enable blocking of cookies and pixel tags, it may limit certain features and
functions in your use of our websites or applications.
Your responsibility in safeguarding your personal data
To protect and safeguard the confidentiality of your personal data, you are responsible for the following:
- If you wish to access our website, always directly enter our website address in the browser address bar.
Do not access our website via any hyperlink within emails.
- Clear your Browser's Cache and History after each session-Default files on a computer, sometimes called
"cache" files can retain images of personal data or otherwise sent to or received by us at our website,
making them a potential target for a system intruder. Therefore, we strongly advise that you clear your
browser's disk cache and history after each visit to our website.
- Refrain from using a shared computer or an Internet cafe; computer to access our website’s online forms
because such computers may be installed with certain software which could capture your personal data
or otherwise without your knowledge.
- If you have installed or downloaded any software which claims to speed up your internet connection or
other software, games, screensavers etc, you should be aware that they may be spyware which has the
ability to track your internet sessions and/or gain access to your personal data and Internet browsing
history. We recommend that you uninstall such spywares.
- Do not leave your personal computer unattended during your online session or using the online forms.
- Ensure that your personal computer has the latest anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software and
updates to guard against new viruses. Make sure that your computer's operating system and browser
software are updated with the latest security patches.
- Update us whenever you have changed your contact details in order for us to contact you in a timely
manner on any issues or matters relating to your access to our website.
- Contact us should you notice something suspicious or encounter any issues, difficulties or irregularities in
accessing our website.
- You should be aware of email frauds via phishing whereby generally you are asked to click a link to a fake
website and provide, update or confirm your personal data. To bait you, the fraudsters may falsely inform
you of a fake urgent or threatening condition concerning your account. Please note that we will never
send you an email requesting for your personal data or information regarding your account with us. You
should NOT respond to such fraudulent emails.
- Do not open email attachments from strangers, install software or run programs from unknown sources
- Delete junk or chain emails.
- Email messages sent to us over the Internet containing your personal data cannot be guaranteed to be
completely secure and you assume all risks arising or in connection thereto.
It is important that you do your part to ensure that any personal data provided to us via the online forms or email
or any other channels of communication are done in a safe and secure manner. We will not be liable to you for any losses, damages, expenses, costs (including legal costs) and charges (whether direct or indirect, foreseeable or
unforeseeable, special or consequential or economic loss) incurred or suffered by you arising out of you sending
email messages containing your personal data to us over the Internet or for any error, fraud, forgery, system
failure or anything beyond our control or in connection with your failure to adhere to the terms and conditions
to follow the above recommended security measures.
Compliance by Third Parties
For the purpose of providing information about our products and services, we may share your personal data with
third parties who, in providing support services or acting as our agents, must observe and comply with the same
Security Measures in Place to Protect Personal Data
To protect and safeguard the confidentiality of your personal data and to ensure that they are safe, secure and
private, we adopt the following systems security and monitoring measures:-
- Firewalls, data loss prevention system, anti-virus protection and intrusion detection systems to detect
and prevent any forms of illegitimate activities and/or illegal intrusions of our network systems;
- Regular security reviews of our systems by our Internal and External Auditors;
- Vigilant monitoring to detect any suspicious online activities at our website.
We are committed to monitoring our security system constantly for potential situations that could compromise
the security or the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website and to exploring new technology
continually to enhance our security system. Nevertheless, we do not warrant the security of your personal data
transmitted to us using our website and Internet Banking apps and online forms. This is because you accept the
risks that any of your personal data transmitted to or received by us using our website and Internet and online
forms may still be accessed and/or disclosed by unauthorised third parties.
By accessing our website and any pages thereof, you consent to be bound by the terms and conditions of our
Access to Personal Data
You have the right of access to your personal data held by us which may have been used or disclosed by us within
a year before the date of your request. Your request to us for access must be made in writing and subject to
payment of such fees as may be prescribed by us from time to time.
Correction of Personal Data
Keeping your personal data accurate and updated is very important to us. You can help us keep accurate records
by informing us of any changes, errors or omissions in your personal data. If you have any reasons to believe that
your records with us are inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete or not updated, please write to us. We will promptly
update your records accordingly within fourteen (14) working days from the date of receipt of your request.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data will be retained by us for as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains. If
retention is no longer necessary, your personal data will be deleted, destroyed or de-identified from you unless
retention of the same is required to satisfy legal or regulatory requirements or to protect our interests or in
accordance with our policies.
Third Party Websites
websites, i.e. the websites of Singapura Finance. When visiting these third party websites, you should read their
privacy policies which will apply to your use of the websites.
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints relating to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data,
you may call any of our Data Protection Officer at Tel: 6880 0633 during office hours from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
from Mondays to Fridays. Please note that calls to our Data Protection Officers may be monitored or recorded.
Alternatively, you may write or email to us at email@example.com or you could complete the online
feedback form. We are committed to providing you with good customer service and hence we will attend to your
queries, concerns or complaints as expeditiously as possible.
Amendments to the Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time and will make available the updated Policy on our website. By
continuing to access our website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Policy, as amended
from time to time. All communications, transactions and dealings with us shall be subject to the latest version of
this policy in force at the time.
Governing Law and Submission to Jurisdiction
This Policy shall be governed by and be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and in the event of any
dispute or grievance, you agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.